FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Concurrent Improves Reliability and Performance of Big Data Applications
Introducing Cascading 2.1, the leading Java application framework for building and deploying reliable enterprise Big Data applications on Hadoop
SAN FRANCISCO – October 30, 2012 – Concurrent, Inc., the enterprise Big Data application platform company, released Cascading 2.1, the application framework designed to enable Java developers to quickly and easily build Big Data applications on Apache Hadoop. Cascading 2.1 introduces some key new features that build upon the previous releases by improving reliability and performance of complex data processing and machine learning applications.
Introducing Cascading 2.1
Cascading is an application framework that enables Java developers to quickly and easily build robust data processing and machine learning applications on Apache Hadoop that can be deployed to clusters running in the cloud or within private data centers. Available under the Apache 2.0 License Agreement, Cascading offers an alternate API to MapReduce that simplifies Big Data application development and deployment. Developers can quickly iterate and build their applications on laptops and instantly deploy at scale to Hadoop clusters without changing a single line of code.
Some of the new features introduced with Cascading 2.1 include the following:
- Checkpointing – Restartable flows allow for resuming flows within cascades without regenerating all data. This enables developers and administrators to pause a complex application in order to validate the accuracy of a complex data flow and resume it from that point forward.
- Improved performance - Better memory usage of InnerJoin makeResult improves the efficiency of resource utilization on the Hadoop cluster, thus reducing application completion times and lowering operating costs.
- Website: http://www.concurrentinc.com
- Concurrent on Twitter: http://twitter.com/concurrent
- Cascading on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cascading
- Cascading website: http://www.cascading.org
- Concurrent product page: http://www.concurrentinc.com/cascading
Availability and Pricing
Cascading 2.1 is available now, and freely licensable under the Apache 2.0 License Agreement. Concurrent offers standard and premium support subscriptions for enterprise use, with pricing based on number of users. To learn more about Concurrent’s offerings please visit http://www.concurrentinc.com/newsletter.
About Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent, Inc. is the enterprise Big Data application platform company. Founded in 2008 by Chris Wensel, the author of the popular open source Cascading API, Concurrent simplifies Big Data application development, deployment and management on Apache Hadoop. Concurrent is based in San Francisco and funded by Rembrandt Venture Partners and True Ventures. Visit Concurrent online at http://www.concurrentinc.com.