Market Leader Continues Customer and Corporate Momentum, Adds Board Member and Additional Funding to Drive Product Development and Operational Capabilities
SAN FRANCISCO – June 2, 2014 – Concurrent, Inc., the enterprise data application platform company, today announced $10 million in Series B funding, further validating the company’s leadership in enterprise application development. New investor Bain Capital Ventures led the funding round, with the participation of existing investors Rembrandt Ventures and True Ventures. Concurrent will use the financing to drive research and development of its flagship product Driven, the industry’s first application performance management product for data-centric applications, and Cascading, the most widely used application development framework for building data-oriented applications. Concurrent will also scale its operations to meet growing customer demand.
Enterprises are rapidly adopting Hadoop. With it, comes the increasing demand to quickly operationalize their data and delivery of data products to their customers. Concurrent enables organizations to quickly build, deploy and manage data-centric applications to meet the growing demands of the business.
Concurrent leads the market in Big Data application infrastructure with Cascading and Driven. With Cascading at the core, Concurrent continues to meet customer demand for advanced enterprise application development by supporting emerging fabrics and technologies, forging important industry partnerships and making data-driven application development simpler, faster and smarter.
Concurrent’s recent corporate, customer and product milestones include:
- Driven, the company’s flagship enterprise product, purpose built to address the pain points of enterprise data application development and data application performance management by providing unprecedented visibility and control to organizations who need to deliver operational excellence.
- Cascading 3.0, extends the de facto standard in data application infrastructure technology. Cascading sets the standard for enterprise application development, and delivers a framework that allows enterprises to build their data applications once and provides the flexibility to deploy them on the data processing fabric that best meets their business needs.
- Cascading surpassed more than 150,000+ user downloads per month.
- New and expanded strategic partnerships with Hortonworks, Rackspace, EPAM and Databricks.
- Leadership expansion with the appointment of Supreet Oberoi as vice president of field engineering to support accelerated customer and product growth.
- Inclusion in CRN’s Big Data 100 in the “Big Data Infrastructure Tools and Services” and “Emerging Big Data Vendors” categories.
- Recognition by the SD Times editors for the publication’s annual SD Times 100 in the “Big Data and Business Intelligence” category.
In conjunction with today’s funding news, Concurrent also announced that Salil Deshpande has joined its board of directors. Salil is managing director at Bain Capital Ventures and focuses on software infrastructure, open source and enterprise software. He also co-heads the new Palo Alto office, which has made 20 new investments in the last two years. Prior to Bain Capital Ventures, Salil spent seven years as general partner at Bay Partners, and over the last eight years has invested $120 million into 26 companies, including Typesafe, Aria Systems, MuleSoft, Buddy Media, SpringSource, Groovy and Grails, DataStax, Lending Club, Engine Yard, Dynatrace, ZeroTurnaround, Hazelcast, Iron.io and Redis Labs. Salil is on the Forbes Midas List for 2013 and 2014.
“Concurrent continues to propel innovation forward and exemplifies just the type of company Bain Capital Ventures looks to invest in – a business at the forefront of a hot market, with a uniquely developed, defined and widely adopted technology, and a highly seasoned executive team that understands how to best serve the enterprise application infrastructure market. The growth opportunity is huge, and I look forward to serving on the company’s board to contribute to Concurrent’s future direction and growth.”
-Salil Deshpande, managing director, Bain Capital Ventures
“Our investors’ confidence in Concurrent and this latest round of funding supports our strategy and proven leadership in providing Big Data application infrastructure to enterprises. Recognizing the maturing needs of the enterprise and emergence of new technologies, we are giving organizations the application development tools and management products they need to deliver today and in the future. This funding will not only enable us to drive our R&D execution, but will also allow us to expand operational capabilities to support our rapidly expanding user and customer base.”
-Gary Nakamura, CEO, Concurrent, Inc.
- Company: http://concurrentinc.com
- Cascading: http://cascading.org
- Driven: http://www.cascading.io/driven
- Contact us: http://concurrentinc.com/contact
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/concurrent
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/concurrent-inc
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/getcascading
About Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent, Inc. is the leader in Big Data application infrastructure, delivering products that help enterprises create, deploy, run and manage data applications at scale. The company’s flagship enterprise solution, Driven, was designed to accelerate the development and management of enterprise data applications. Concurrent is the team behind Cascading, the most widely deployed technology for data applications with more than 150,000 user downloads a month. Used by thousands of businesses including eBay, Etsy, The Climate Corp and Twitter, Cascading is the de facto standard in open source application infrastructure technology. Concurrent is headquartered in San Francisco and online at http://concurrentinc.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for Concurrent, Inc.