New Release Delivers Deep Operational Insights for Hadoop Applications
SAN FRANCISCO – May 27, 2015 – Concurrent, Inc., the leader in data application infrastructure, today announced the latest release of Driven, the industry’s leading application performance management product for the data-driven enterprise. Driven is built to address the challenges of business-critical data application development and deployment, delivering control and performance management for enterprises seeking to achieve operational excellence on Hadoop.
As enterprises continue in the business of data, IT leaders are rapidly executing on next-generation data management strategies. However, working on Hadoop has proved to be difficult. Specifically, enterprises are struggling with data governance, compliance and application performance management due to a plethora of compute fabrics, a shortage of performance management tools and Hadoop’s out-of-the-box complexity.
Driven offers unmatched visibility into applications written in Cascading, Scalding, Cascalog, Hive and native MapReduce, providing deep insights, search, segmentation and visualizations for service-level agreement (SLA) management – all while collecting rich operational metadata in a scalable data repository. This allows users to isolate, control, report and manage a broad range of data applications, from the simplest to the most complex data processes, allowing enterprises to leverage capabilities across a wide variety of application frameworks. Driven is a proven performance management solution that enterprises can rely on to deliver against their data strategies.
Key features of Driven 1.2 include:
Enhanced governance and compliance for Hadoop apps
- Create and export saved views of a rich metadata repository to support governance and compliance.
- Visualize end-to-end data lineage, allowing users to view the data pipeline in real time.
- Detect applications that violate service-level agreements (SLAs) and policies.
Operational excellence for Hadoop apps
- Integration with third-party monitoring tools and notification platforms like HipChat, PagerDuty and Nagios, allowing organizations to seamlessly integrate Driven into their existing communication and management platforms.
- Integration with JIRA, allowing users to quickly create JIRA issues with detailed application views and application specific operational data.
- Application performance segmentation by team, department or custom tags for role-based views, chargeback models and capacity planning.
Driven can be downloaded now at http://cascading.io/download-driven-server/.
To learn more about the features in the latest release of Driven, register for the webinar titled, “How to get Hadoop Application Intelligence With Driven” taking place on Wednesday, May 27 at 11 a.m. PT by visiting: http://info.cascading.io/how-to-get-hadoop-app-intelligence-with-driven
“HomeAway, Inc., the world leader in vacation rentals, has selected Driven in order to reduce development times and time-to-market with specific data-integration projects. Driven, was a catalyst to the Cascading development process. It also provided great collaboration opportunities with other data engineers and data analysts allowing them to understand the data flows at-a-glance without having to read any code.”
– René X. Parra, Principal Architect, HomeAway, Inc.
“As a healthcare analytics provider, Driven gives us clear detailed insights into how our Hadoop applications are performing on our AWS Hadoop clusters. It has accelerated our ability to identify issues in our code, saving us valuable time and money.”
– Jeff Rick, CTO, Deerwalk Inc.
“Organizations expect to operate Hadoop applications with the reliability, ease and manageability they are accustomed to, With Driven, enterprises are equipped with the right solution to not only achieve operational excellence on Hadoop, but to aggressively drive their plans forward.”
– Gary Nakamura, CEO, Concurrent, Inc.
- Driven: http://www.cascading.io/driven
- Cascading: http://cascading.org
- Company: http://concurrentinc.com
- Contact us: http://concurrentinc.com/contact
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/concurrent
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/concurrent-inc.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/getcascading
About Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent, Inc. is the leader in data application infrastructure, delivering products that help enterprises create, deploy, run and manage data applications at scale. The company’s flagship enterprise solution, Driven, was designed to accelerate the development and management of enterprise data applications. Concurrent is the team behind Cascading, the most widely deployed technology for data applications with more than 275,000 user downloads a month. Used by thousands of businesses including eBay, Etsy, The Climate Corp and Twitter, Cascading is the de facto standard in open source application infrastructure technology. Concurrent is headquartered in San Francisco and online at http://concurrentinc.com.
Kulesa Faul for Concurrent, Inc.